RE: HTTP API Error code Help

Sender: Scott Klement <klemscot@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

> I ran the program 3 times this morning without making any changes to
> the program or even recompiling since last week.  The 1st two times gave
> me the
>
> ssl_recvdoc: read: GSKit error #410

There's not much that I can do about that... that problem is either a
network problem (that seems likely!) or it's a problem with the SSL
routines on either your side or on the opposite site of the link.
Number 410 means "bad message", in other words, the data can't be
decrypted properly because it's corrupt.

The SSL used by HTTPAPI is provided by the Global Secure Toolkit (GSKit)
provided by IBM with the operating system, so there's not much I can do
about it if something is wrong.

> Then the third time came back successful.  Is there something I can do
> to make this more reliable, or would you need to see my version of the
> program to answer that?

I'll take a look at your program if it's short and simple, and see if
there's any way that I can help, but I have a feeling that this is caused
by some bad network equipment somewhere in the mix...

> Also, I call the SSL program from a CL passing parms, do I need to put
> the RCLACTGRP command after the call, or how does that command work?

If you're using ACTGRP(*NEW) it's relaimed automatically, you won't need
to run the RCLACTGRP command.