RE: HTTP API Error Code Help

Sender: Scott Klement <klemscot@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

> I got the debug files to create now.  I have a copy of the debug file
> for each of the scenerios that are occurring:

What did you have to change to make them work?

I'm considering cleaning up the GSKit more in my next release of HTTPAPI.
The problem with doing that is that will affect performance...   So, I'm
not sure which option to take.

> Good Transmission
> Socket Reset
> GSKit Error #410
> GSKit Error #5
>
> Let me know if you would like to look at these.

I'll take a look, but I'm very busy and it might be a while before I have
a chance...   I've got the feeling that the problem is outside of HTTPAPI,
so no matter how much looking I do, it won't help... but it's worth a try,
I guess.

Please remember that i'm not paid for HTTPAPI, I'm doing it on my free
time -- which has become scarce lately!

> Also, the server that is receiving my POST is a Microsoft IIS/5.0.  Is
> the User-Agent and Content-Type that are sent by default what this
> server would be looking for?

User-Agent is telling the server what your client is, they use this for
keeping statistics, and it shouldn't matter much.   If the server is
replying with something like "You must use IE 5 or later, or Netscape 4 or
later to view this page" then you might have to fake it out by changing
the user-agent.

Content-Type is describing what kind of data you're posting to it.  For
example, if you're sending a JPG image, you want to specify "image/jpeg"
in the content type so that it knows how to interpret it.

In practice, I've found that most CGI scripts ingore the content type
since they're designed to handle only one type of input, and therefore
they try to interpret whatever you send as that particular type of input.
However, it'll never hurt to set it to the appropriate type.