Re: FTP Client Subcommand QUOTE

Sender: Scott Klement <sk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Hello Werner,

The "RCMD" FTP capability on the iSeries FTP server is a non-standard
extension to the FTP protocol.  Most FTP servers, including the ones that
run on Linux, Unix, Windows, etc, do not have the ability to run remote
commands.

This is not part of FTPAPI, but rather is part of the FTP server that
you're running on your Linux machine.

Instead of trying to use FTP, perhaps you should consider enabling the
REXEC server on your Linux machine?  REXEC is a network protocol
that's designed specifically for running commands on another system.  Once
you've started the REXEC server on your Linux machine, you can run remote
commands using the RUNRMTCMD CL command, or by using the rexec()
API.

---
Scott Klement  http://www.scottklement.com