Security issues regarding FTPAPI and PowerTech

Scott,

I have installed the FTPAPI routines on a system that has PowerTech's POWERLOCK security software running.  As a security test, through POWERLOCK we locked down FTP access to the iSeries system for my user profile.

We discovered that POWERLOCK doesn't prevent me from calling your routines to GET or PUT a file, apparently since FTPAPI isn't considered to be "FTP" in the iSeries definition of FTP.  How would we go about securing FTPAPI, other than through native security methods?

This may also be a question for John Earl...I'm also copying him.

Thanks for any input you can provide,

Steve Landess
Austin, Texas
(512) 423-0935