[Ftpapi] Is there an example available for doing a PUT with an http_persist_request?

I've just been informed by our web service developer that he is converting certain web services from a POST operation to a PUT operation.

So far as I can determine, HTTPAPI only supports a PUT operation via http_persist_request.

But none of the examples, at least in the version of HTTPAPI we've standardized on, use http_persist_request for *anything*.

Can anybody point me to some example code?

I'd rather not have to give the web service developer a direct order to restrict web services to GET and POST operations. I'm already on his case about too many other things as it is.

--
JHHL