Re: [Ftpapi] Degree sign in a RESTful POST getting error message from HTTPAPI, but not from Swagger Playground in a browser

On 3/3/17, 7:52 PM, Scott Klement wrote:
JHHL,

Which CCSIDs have you told HTTPAPI with the http_setCCSIDs() function?

What is the hex value of the degree symbol in the EBCDIC CCSID that
you've coded in your RPG application?

Dear Scott:

Thanks for getting back to me. The degree symbol is in a DB2 file being processed by the application, and given that it's being used in CCSID 37 environments, it's almost certainly x'90' in EBCDIC.

Found the problem myself: discovered that in addition to having to escape JSON-reserved characters like backslash and double-quote, I also have to escape essentially everything beyond pure ASCII with its 16-bit Unicode hex value, and I've begun testing a fix.

--
James H. H. Lampert