Re: Cannot get SSL working on 7.2

Hi Scott,

I do not understand, why the same program (my stripped down test program
and the original program in our production environment) work with
HTTPAPI 1.25 and do not work with 1.26+. It is only the version of
HTTPAPI that makes the difference.

For what I can see in the debug logs, the headers and the xml message
are the same (snippet from Example16B_Error_1.32.log):

do_oper(POST): entered
There are 0 cookies in the cache
POST /core33/services/FooXmlTransport HTTP/1.1
Host: e-sourcing.qa.foo-baa.com

senddoc(): entered
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?><SOAP:Envelope
xmlns:SOAP="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/";
xmlns:impl="http://foo.ws.util.common";><SOAP:Body><impl:transportXml><impl:request><impl:clientExternalId>CL
6300
</impl:clientExternalId><impl:firma>1</impl:firma><impl:xml></impl:xml></impl:request></impl:transportXml></SOAP:Body></SOAP:Envelope>
recvresp(): entered

These lines (above) are identical with the related lines in
Example16B_OK_1.25.log.

But 1.32 ends with a 400 error and 1.25 runs just fine. So what am I
missing?

I just had another idea right now. I took the 1.32 library and renamed
GSKSSL_H to GSKSSL_32, updated COMMSSLR4 and renamed it to COMMSSLR4N.
Then I copied GSKSSL_H and COMMSSLR4 from library 1.25 to the 1.32
library. I renamed GSKSSL_H to GSKSSL_25, updated COMMSSLR4 and renamed
it to COMMSSLR4A.

So I ended up with the following source members in library 1.32:

GSKSSL_32
COMMSSLR4N
GSKSSL_25
COMMSSLR4A

Now I was able to compile HTTPAPI with the COMMSSLR4 module of version
1.25 or version 1.32 in library 1.32 just by copying either COMMSSLR4N
or COMMSSLR4A to COMMSSLR4 before calling the INSTALL program. I started
the debugger before calling my test program to check the version of
module COMMSSLR4. It had to include either GSKSSL_32 or GSKSSL_25.

The result was:

HTTAPAI 1.32 compiled with COMMSSLR4 1.32 ends with the 400 error.
HTTAPAI 1.32 compiled with COMMSSLR4 1.25 runs just fine.

So the problem is in module COMMSSLR4, which make be believe, that it
might be a configuration problem on our IBM i.

What do you think about that?

Thomas.