nested json objects reading issues.

   I have been working with yajl and json.  I have it creating and reading
   json ifs files.  But have run into a reading issue.  What I need to
   read is I think referred to nested json objects.
   I just cant get it to navigate to the lower levels.  I was wondering if
   you could give me a clue.  Any help would be appreciated.
   All of my searches take me to the now not working iprodeveloper.
   This is an example:
   {
    "getCardholderStatusResponse":
    {
     "operationResultsField":
     {
      "resultsField":1,
      "resultsMessagesField":null
     },
      "statusField":
     {
      "cardStatusField":1,
      "cardStatusFieldSpecified":true,
      "cardActivationDateField":"2014-09-06T00:00:00",
      "cardActivationDateFieldSpecified":true,
      "cardMailingDateField":"0001-01-01T00:00:00",
      "cardMailingDateFieldSpecified":false
     }
    },
     "getCardholderProfileResponse":null