Re: TLSv1.2 update?

Hi Kim,

I've updated my web site to contain HTTPAPI version 1.26, which contains support for TLS versions 1.1 and 1.2. Can you please test this out and let me know how well it works for you?

By default, 1.1 and 1.2 will be enabled in HTTPAPI they are installed/enabled in your operating system. Make sure system value QSSLPCL allows the use of these versions, and that you have the appropriate PTFs installed to add support to the OS (unless you are on 7.2, which I think includes them out of the box?)

If you want to, you can explicitly tell HTTPAPI which versions of SSL to use by calling https_init() prior to using any 'https' URLs. For example, this will enable only TLS v1.1:

   https_init(*blanks: *off: *off: *off: *on: *off);

You can turn the other indicators on/off to explicitly enable/disable the other versions of TLS as well. If more than one is turned on, HTTPAPI will select the "best" protocol from those that are enabled. But, please be aware that HTTPAPI can never use protocols that aren't enabled in the QSSLPCL environment variable, even if specified in https_init().

Let me know how it works for you.

-SK