From: ftpapi-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:ftpapi-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Scott Klement
Sent: Friday, September 12, 2014 3:15 PM
To: HTTPAPI and FTPAPI Projects
Subject: Re: Novice questions

Hi Gary,

Since "wise cracks" are gratefully accepted (according to your message) I'll reply with those, haha.

 > I need to specify peTimeout for FTP_conn and note it is the 2^nd  > Optional parm, so am I correct assuming 1^st Optional parm, pePort,  > must be specified ?

Yes, FTPAPI cannot change the way the RPG language works.  :-)   You
have to specify all parameters prior to the peTimeout.

 > And, as I have no class nor style, is copying the FTP_PORT `D spec'
 > to my pgm a`good' way to set the value for pePort ?

No.  I define this stuff in the FTPAPI_H copy book so that the same definitions can be used by everyone.  For you to define your own in your pgm is not good.

Just do /COPY FTPAPI_H  (or /INCLUDE FTPAPI_H) so that you have the definitions for FTP_PORT as well as all of the other stuff (like FTP_conn, FTP_get, FTP_put, etc)

-SK