Re: Novice questions

   Hi Gary,
   Since "wise cracks" are gratefully accepted (according to your message)
   I'll reply with those, haha.

   > I need to specify peTimeout for FTP_conn and note it is the 2^nd
   > Optional parm, so am I correct assuming 1^st Optional parm, pePort,
   > must be specified ?

   Yes, FTPAPI cannot change the way the RPG language works.  :-)   You
   have to specify all parameters prior to the peTimeout.

   > And, as I have no class nor style, is copying the FTP_PORT `D spec'
   > to my pgm a`good' way to set the value for pePort ?

   No.  I define this stuff in the FTPAPI_H copy book so that the same
   definitions can be used by everyone.  For you to define your own in
   your pgm is not good.
   Just do /COPY FTPAPI_H  (or /INCLUDE FTPAPI_H) so that you have the
   definitions for FTP_PORT as well as all of the other stuff (like
   FTP_conn, FTP_get, FTP_put, etc)
   -SK