Re: XML not well formed for foreign characters

Charlie,

Because you are using HTTP_XML_CALC and specifying <?xml encoding="utf-8"?> in the document itself, the XML parser will assume that you are actually using UTF-8 encoding.

You need to make sure that any/all data you write is actually in UTF-8 encoding. If it is in a different encoding, then you will have the sort of error that you're receiving.

It's hard to tell if you are/aren't having this problem since you haven't told us much about how the text is encoded. Do you have any details of how your web service encodes the text?

-SK