R: help with proxy error

Hi Fabio,

I mean that Scott meaning you must insert IP and host name in the TCP config
like this:

                      Gestione voci tabella host TCP/IP
                                                           Sistema:
Immettere le opzioni e premere Invio.
  1=Aggiunta   2=Modifica   4=Rimozione   5=Visualizzazione   7=Rid

     Indirizzo                         Nome
Opz  internet                          host

     ::1                               IPV6-LOOPBACK
                                       IPV6-LOCALHOST
     127.0.0.1                         LOOPBACK
                                       LOCALHOST
     128.30.52.37                      WWW.W3.ORG
     94.236.54.237                     WWW.ALFRESCO.ORG
     xxx.xxx.xxx.xx                    proxy (the real host name)

(look close at the last line)

You must type:

Go tcpadm (Working TCP/IP)
Then opt 1 (Gestione interfacce TCP/IP - Working with TCP/IP interfaces)
Then opt 10 (Gestione voci di tabella host TCP/IP - Working with TCP/IP host
tables)
Then insert IP and host name required.

So now you can ping it!

Hope it is useful,