RE: how to do a http get from rpg

I did a FNDSTRPDM on the source in LIBHTTP and there are several examples of using the GET procedures, HTTP_URL_GET, HTTP_URL_GET_RAW, and HTTP_URL_GET_XML starting with Example 1.  See if one of those is similar to what you want and will get you started.

Scott

-----Original Message-----
From: ftpapi-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:ftpapi-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Larry Kleinman
Sent: Thursday, April 03, 2014 2:52 PM
To: ftpapi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: how to do a http get from rpg

Hi all - I have what is probably an easy question.  I want to do a GET
(not a POST) to a URL from an RPG program.   Example 2 shows how to do a
post and makes a reference in a comment to the fact that there is also an API for a GET, but I don't see an example of how to do this.  Is there one?  BTW, I see that Example 3 does a GET using SSL but I don't need SSL or all of the digital certificate stuff that comes with SSL.

Larry Kleinman
Kleinman Associates, Inc.
212-949-6469