how to do a http get from rpg

   Hi all - I have what is probably an easy question.  I want to do a GET
   (not a POST) to a URL from an RPG program.   Example 2 shows how to do
   a post and makes a reference in a comment to the fact that there is
   also an API for a GET, but I don't see an example of how to do this.
   Is there one?  BTW, I see that Example 3 does a GET using SSL but I
   don't need SSL or all of the digital certificate stuff that comes with
   SSL.
   Larry Kleinman
   Kleinman Associates, Inc.
   212-949-6469