Re: Ask for Favor: wsdl2rpg.sh

Ryan,

Thanks. there is not much that I can tell you. This is from the manual:

<snippet>
To generate the client stub from the WSDL source file, complete the following steps.

1. Create a library called MYGETQUOTE in which the program objects will be stored by issuing the CL
command CRTLIB from the CL command line as follows:
CRTLIB MYGETQUOTE

2. Start a Qshell session by issuing the QSH CL command from the CL command line.

3. Run the wsdl2ws.sh tool to generate the client C stub as shown in following example:

<install_dir>/bin/wsdl2ws.sh -o/myGetQuote/RPG
  -lrpg -ms256 -ma5
  -s/qsys.lib/mygetquote.lib/wsrpg.srvpgm
  <install_dir>/samples/getQuote/GetQuote.wsdl

If you examine the command, you see that we are indicating to the wsdl2ws.sh tool that RPG stub code should be generated and stored in directory /myGetQuote/RPG, and that a service program, /qsys.lib/mygetquote.lib/wsrpg.srvpgm, should be created using the generated stub code. In addition, we indicate that the maximum string size is 256 bytes and that the maximum array size should be 5.
</snippet>

"<install_dir>" seems to be "/QIBM/ProdData/OS/WebServices/V1/client/" because someone sent the following command to me:

/QIBM/ProdData/OS/WebServices/V1/client/BIN/wsdl2rpg.sh
-t60 -o/QIBM/ProdData/OS/WebServices/V1/WD/WSDF9w -s/QSYS.LIB/MASTER_OBJ.LIB/WSSRVSDF9w.SRVPGM
-ms8000000 -mb16000000 -ma8000000 -d -v
/QIBM/ProdData/OS/WebServices/V1/WD/WSDF9w/EQUIPEMENTPORTEURMOVEUP.wsdl

Hence I assume the the correct command is something like:

/QIBM/ProdData/OS/WebServices/V1/client/bin/wsdl2ws.sh -o/myGetQuote/RPG
  -lrpg -ms256 -ma5
  -s/qsys.lib/mytestlib.lib/TSTATTRSRV.srvpgm
  /path_to_the_wsdl_files/TestAttributesService.wsdl

Regards,

Thomas.