RE: How to retrieved the exception error in the web consuming program

Do you mean this? It is in the first example program (EXAMPLE1).

 *  Error handling...
 *
 *  http_url_get() returns 1 when successful.
 *
 *  if it's unsuccessful, you can call the http_error()
 *  routine to learn what went wrong.  In this example,
 *  the error is put in the 'msg' variable.  You would
 *  then add code to display it to a user, or write it
 *  to a log file, or whatever is appropriate.

c                   if        rc <> 1
c                   eval      msg = http_error
c                   endif

Or do you mean that you want to parse the error from the webservice?
That is usually a standard parse of the XML returned looking for the <error> (or similar) element.

If you send an example of the error, we can better point you in the right direction.