RE: CPF9897 HTTP/1.1 500 Internal Server Error Causes Hard Halt of Program

I am using the http_crash().  I will do what you suggest -

Thanks for your help!

-----Original Message-----
From: ftpapi-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:ftpapi-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Scott Klement
Sent: Friday, December 14, 2012 9:24 AM
To: HTTPAPI and FTPAPI Projects
Subject: Re: CPF9897 HTTP/1.1 500 Internal Server Error Causes Hard Halt of Program

Hi Laura,

When you call the network routines in HTTPAPI (the HTTP_post_xxx or HTTP_get_xxx routines) they will return a return value that can have these values:

1 = success
0 = timed out
-1= error detected inside HTTPPAI
any number>1 = error/warning/notification reported by HTTP server

You can then call the http_error() routine to get an error message.
-or- you can call http_crash() to ask HTTPAPI to send an *ESCAPE message with CPF9897.

To prevent the *ESCAPE message -- simply call http_error() instead of
http_crash().   You can read the comments in the HTTPAPI_H member to see
what each of the different API calls do.

-SK