From: ftpapi-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:ftpapi-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Scott Klement
Sent: Tuesday, December 04, 2012 6:14 PM
To: HTTPAPI and FTPAPI Projects
Subject: Re: Question Using https

Hi Craig,

It's important to understand that when you get back a 500 error, it does NOT mean that the web service didn't return anything.

Most web services will return a "200" if successful, and a "500" if an error occurs.  In _both_ cases, they return a response in SOAP, XML,
JSON, or whatever the particular web service returns.   In the case of
200, they return the output of a successful call to the service, as I'm
sure you know...   but in the case of 500, there's still a response
document, typically it contains an error message.

So look at the error message in the response document (which may be in plain text, XML or JSON.... sometimes even HTML... depending on the web
service.   Example: For a SOAP web service, you'll have a <soap:fault>
tag containing the error message.)

That should give you more info about what's wrong.