RE: HTTPAPI Query

>If I parse the returned XML data in my RPG program using
>http_url_post_xml and load this data into an ouput parameter string,
>the process takes approximately 20 seconds to run. This works out at
>around 15 items per second.

What does the incoming XML look like? Give us a sample fully filled out.

What does the output look like? You are building a string? Something like:

d longOutString   s     64000A     varying

p incoming
  longOutString = longOutString + element + delim1 + value + delim2;

just for grins...comment out the line where you build the output parameter so the parsing is "standalone". How does it run now?