Re: httpapi question!

Hi Karl,

Myself (and probably others on this mailing list) would be happy to help you sort out the problem. Unfortunately, there are many (thousands?) of possible causes for a "400 Bad Request" error, so we'll need more information to help you.

The WSDL link you provided points to an internal server (only accessible to your network) so we're not able to view it. But, the main thing that a WSDL is useful for is that it tells you what to code in your RPG program that calls the service. So, even if we had the WSDL, it wouldn't do us much good unless we also had the RPG code, so we could compare, and maybe tell you where the mistake was made.

Perhaps the most useful thing you could provide is an HTTPAPI debug/trace file. (by default, named httpapi_debug.txt). You said "turn on *DEBUG", and that might be referring to the httpapi_debug.txt file? (Or, perhaps you mean you ran STRDBG...?) But, if you did enable http_debug(*on), and have an httpapi_debug.txt file, please include it, it'll give us a lot of useful information. (Please scrub any passwords first, though... and remove any Authorization/Proxy-Authorization lines from the debug file.... (these also contain passwords.)

-SK