Re: DELETE requests with a "body"/"post-data"?

Scott Klement wrote:
> Hi James,
>
> At the moment, HTTPAPI does not send a message body with a DELETE request.
>
> RFC 2616 does not explicitly say whether a DELETE method should include
> a message body, and honestly, the possibility of DELETE carrying a
> message body didn't even occur to me.
>
> So -- probably my fault that this doesn't work!   I could add support
> for a message body in a DELETE request, if that would be helpful?

Dear Scott:

Turns out that it's unnecessary.

In the Google Calendar web services, one can also delete an event
(undocumented, of course!) by doing an update, with the "status" field
set to "canceled": GET the event's JSON (the same as any other update,
set the "status" field's value to "canceled," then do a PUT of the
updated JSON (the same as any other update).

--
JHHL