DELETE requests with a "body"/"post-data"?

I'm not entirely sure whether I'm going to need this, but . . .

I know that POSTs and PUTs take a "body"/"post-data," while GETs don't.

And I've been sending DELETEs (using the "http_persist_req" call)
without one.

But I see that it's apparently possible (albeit counterintuitive) to
send a "body" in a DELETE, and in my Google Calendar interface, I might
need to do so.

Does this work in HTTPAPI? Does anybody have any experience with it?

--
JHHL