Re: Call to HTTP_URL_P ended in error

Hi Naresh,

rc=1 means success.

The http_url_post() routine does not parse the data you receive back
from the server, it simply saves it to a file.  So nothing "replaces"
the StartOfElement/EndOfElement -- the XML parser hasn't been run, so
there's nothing similar to those.

What we have determined, therefore, is that the error isn't occurring
during the HTTP communications. It's occuring during the XML parsing.

Now your XML file is in a stream file (maybe called
/tmp/httpapi_test.txt -- or whatever you decided to call it.)

Let's try parsing that XML without doing the HTTP transfer:

rc = http_parse_xml_stmf( '/tmp/httpapi_test.xml'
                         : HTTP_XML_CALC
                         : %paddr(StartOfElement)
                         : %paddr(EndOfElement)
                         : *null );

So this takes the file you've already downloaded and parses it directly
from the IFS without the network communications happening.  Since we now
suppose the error is occurring during XML processing, I can only assume
that this will end in error (call to HTTP_PARSE ended in error).

Please try that, and see if it's true.   If I'm right and it crashes,
please send me the XML file and the two routines
(StartOfElement/EndOfElement) so I can try to reproduce the problem on
my box.

-SK