From: ftpapi-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:ftpapi-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Scott Klement
Sent: Thursday, April 19, 2012 1:22 PM
To: HTTPAPI and FTPAPI Projects
Subject: Re: Multiple Namespaces

Hi Becky,

HTTPAPI doesn't attempt interpret the data you create.  It treats it as a string of bytes, and sends it as-is to the server.  It doesn't know or care what you put in those bytes.

So if your SOAP message is invalid, that would be detected by the HTTP server or web services server (not HTTPAPI).

I do see a discrepancy between what the "outside programmer" told you to send, and what you coded.  The "outside" programmer used this structure:

<Envelope>
   <Header />
   <Body>
... body details here...
   </Body>
</Envelope>

Whereas yours uses this structure:

<Envelope>
   <Header>
      <Body>
... body details here...
      </Body>
   </Header>
</Envelope>

So yours has the Body nested inside the Header, instead of merely coming after the header, as the "outside" programmer suggested.  AFAIK, your structure is not allowed by the SOAP specs.

-SK