Re: Getting HTTP/1.1 301 Moved Permanently

No, it wouldn't be a change in DNS.  They must've reconfigured their
HTTP/Web Services server because they wanted 'www' at the start.  Then,
they set up redirects to tell everyone about it.

Most HTTP software (such as a browser) will follow HTTP redirects (301
codes) blindly. It'll automatically navigate to the suggested page,
without notifying you that it did so.

So, unless you're using a tool intended for programmers (such as
HTTPAPI) you probably wouldn't even notice that it redirected.