Re: FTPAPI connection reset

Scott,

Getting back to this...

We looked at the iSeries side, CHGTCPA, the TCPKEEPALV parm was set to
6 minutes, we tried changing it to 2 without effect.

>From what I read here:
http://tldp.org/HOWTO/html_single/TCP-Keepalive-HOWTO/#overview

It appears that the socket itself must be enable to use keep alive:
"All you need to enable keepalive for a specific socket is to set the
specific socket option on the socket itself. The prototype of the
function is as follows:

  int setsockopt(int s, int level, int optname,
                 const void *optval, socklen_t optlen)

The first parameter is the socket, previously created with the
socket(2); the second one must be SOL_SOCKET, and the third must be
SO_KEEPALIVE . The fourth parameter must be a boolean integer value,
indicating that we want to enable the option, while the last is the
size of the value passed before. "

I see where you've prototype the setsockopt() along with the
SOL_SOCKET and SO_KEEPALIVE constants in SOCKET_H...but it doesn't
appear that you're calling it in the TCP_Conn() parameter.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I understand the default for sockets to
_NOT_ use keepalive, so what I'd what to do is add some code to
TCP_Conn() to call setsockopt().  Might it also be a good idea to add
an FTP_EnableKeepalive(), setting a module variable that can be
checked in TCP_Conn,  to minimize effects to existing users?

Thanks!
Charles