Re: Reading a document after received in the IFS

Hello,

1) HTTPAPI has a routine called http_url_get() (or, it's alias,
http_get) that will save data to an IFS file.  You do not need to use
the "raw" routine for that.

2) HTTPAPI has a routine called http_url_get_xml() that will retrieve an
XML file and parse it immediately.  You do not need to save it to disk
and parse it later.

3) If you decide you _want_ to parse it later, you can use
http_parse_xml_stmf, which will read an XML file from the IFS and let
you parse it.  You can also do this with RPG's built in XML-SAX and
XML-INTO opcodes.

The ability to read an IFS file (but not parse the XML) is a built-in
ability of the operating system, and will not be added to HTTPAPI, as
it's not what HTTPAPI is for. (Indeed, the XML stuff is already
stretching the purpose of HTTPAPI -- but since XML is used so frequently
with HTTP, it made sense to me.)

-SK