RE: Cookie support

>> I created a small test program to go to www.yahoo.com and see what I
>> get.  Some of the cookies on the site are embedded in javascript and
>> so I don't think those are relevant as LIBHTTP does not use a
>> javascript engine

>I didn't follow that... how can a cookie be embedded in JavaScript!?  If
>the browser has loaded a cookie, JavaScript can read it...  but the
>browser does have to load it first!  So _all_ cookies have to be handled
>in the HTTP layer, they can't exist purely in JavaScript.

There is JavaScript that will write cookies (document.cookie). I wasn't looking real close but I saw cookies being manipulated within their scripts. Looking closer, there is only one being set that I can see:

<script>document.cookie="FPCK2=AgEMHU5zmRAAMocQAGxkEABLpBAAU7U=;domain=www.yahoo.com;expires=Sun, 16 Oct 2011 06:45:49 GMT";</script>

The rest of the cookie logic appears to be reading cookies for information.

I also couldn't find in the HTML a couple of the other cookies shown (B and HP for example). I would imagine that the those cookies might have been inserted by some flash code.