From: ftpapi-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:ftpapi-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Thomas Raddatz
Sent: Monday, August 22, 2011 3:59 PM
To: HTTPAPI and FTPAPI Projects
Subject: Re: Ftpapi Digest, Vol 62, Issue 20

Michael,

I modified your stub and program source to properly retrieve and display
the response values of your "Inventory" web service.

For sure modifying the generated source is not a trivial task and requires
some knowledge about web services and the way WSDL2RPG works. But I hope
that my sample will enable you to successfully generate a RPG client for
your next web service. It is not trivial but also not too hard. If I was
you I would use a source compare utility like "WinMerge" and start with
comparing the old and new source members to understand the changes. Using a
PC utility is more effective than CMPPFM.

The output of KOESTER1T (test pgm) is:

DSPLY  1
DSPLY  124
DSPLY  WL_COUNTRY=WL_COUNTRY_US

     1 = Number of elements of "getProfilesReturn"
   124 = Number of map entries

Please notice that the changed stub module is somewhat quick & dirty
because it will not work in case the map contains multi-ref items such as
"getProfilesReturn". If you want to make sure that the stub module also
works for multi-ref map items, please try to modify the wsdl file and
generate the stub from that because it is too hard to tweak the source by
hand. Maybe the owner of the web service is willing to help you with that.

Thomas.