Re: SetError() #29: gsk_sec_soc_open: (GSKit) Handle is not valid

On 8/15/2011 10:27 AM, BBB Rhodes wrote:

>       I have a meeting with our iSeries Admin to day.  Can I get a snap
>       shot of what the *System Certificate Store looks like.

Sorry, I can't give you a screen shot because my system is already
configured.  I can't wipe out the configuration and do it again, because
this would break existing applications.

It's very simple, though.  You just click "Create Certificate Store" and
then choose *SYSTEM.

>       Should we be using the HTTP beta version,

The BETA version is missing a lot of EXAMPLE programs, because I decided
to re-do them, but then ran out of time.

The core HTTPAPI code in the BETA version is more bug-free, and has some
new features as well...  but the EXAMPLE members are in disarray.

So, yes, I recommend the BETA version, but you might want to snag the
examples from the current release.

http://www.scottklement.com/httpapi/beta

>       If not, when I get the *system Certificate Store setup
>       correctly will the debug still note the Handle issue and continue
>       on with our retrieval?

No, when you get SSL set up properly in OS/400, you will no longer get
any errors.