RE: Https within a Rpg program (SetError() #7: Timeout issue)

   Mike,

     When I ping the External Web Service site, I get the IP Address and
     the following info.
     No response from host within 1 seconds for connection verification
     1.
     No response from host within 1 seconds for connection verification
     2.
     No response from host within 1 seconds for connection verification
     3.
     No response from host within 1 seconds for connection verification
     4.
     No response from host within 1 seconds for connection verification
     5.
     Connection verification statistics: 0 of 5 successful (0
     %).

     When I ping the Interanl Web Service site, I get the IP Address and
     the following info.

     PING reply 1 from 10.200.3.33 took 0 ms. 256 bytes. TTL 127.
     PING reply 2 from 10.200.3.33 took 0 ms. 256 bytes. TTL 127.
     PING reply 3 from 10.200.3.33 took 0 ms. 256 bytes. TTL 127.
     PING reply 4 from 10.200.3.33 took 0 ms. 256 bytes. TTL 127.
     PING reply 5 from 10.200.3.33 took 0 ms. 256 bytes. TTL 127.
     Round-trip (in milliseconds) min/avg/max = 0/0/0.
     Connection verification statistics: 5 of 5 successful (100 %).

   Best regards,
   Bryan

   > From: mkrebs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
   > To: ftpapi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
   > Date: Thu, 11 Aug 2011 12:27:59 -0500
   > Subject: RE: Https within a Rpg program (SetError() #7: Timeout
   issue)

   > Scott provided a good explanation and knows the process HTTPAPI uses
   but I am wondering if you failed at step 1. From your i, if you:

   > Ping 'www.XXXX.com'
   >
   > What do you get?
   >
   > If that works correctly, check that port 443 is allowed through your
   firewall or that you are using the proxy support in HTTPAPI to connect
   (see examples).