Https within a Rpg program (SetError() #7: Timeout issue)

   All

     Our company is working with an outside web service product where we
     need to pull data into the iSeries via RPG.      I am a novice to
     using HTTPAPI and this is the first time our company is going to an
     external web service.

     Currently we have RPG programs which use the HTTPAPI connect to a
     internal web service.

     Based on our research, we believe our issue is with our firewall
     (iSeries/internet) and a certificate that is needed, but not sure
     where and how to get that information.

     We have seen references to Dump of server-side/local-side
     certificate information but did not see coding on getting this
     information dumped.

     In our RPG program, we have setup the following code:

     https_init(our_App');

     http_XmlStripCRLF(*OFF);

     SOAP
     =

      '<soapenv:Envelope
     '

     +'xmlns:soapenv="[1]http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/";
     '

     +'xmlns:con="[2]http://www.xxxxx.com/contracts/services/contract";
     '

     +'xmlns:auth="[3]http://www.xxxxx.com/contracts/types/auth";
     '

     +'xmlns:con1="[4]http://www.xxxxx.com/contracts/types/domain/contra
     ct"

     +'<soapenv:Header/>'

     +'
     <soapenv:Body>'

     +'
     <con:get-lines-request>'

     +'
     <con:authentication'

     +'            <auth:user>user</auth:user>'

     +'
     <auth:credential>'

     +'
     <auth:password>word</auth:password>'

     +'
     </auth:credential>'

     +'
     </con:authentication>'

     +'
     <con:request-data>'

     +'
     <con1:id>xx218f4a20034002a97aefa4763b97xx</con1:id>'

     +'
     </con:request-data>'

     +'
     </con:get-lines-request>'

     +'  </soapenv:Body>
     '

     +'</soapenv:Envelope>';

        http_debug(*ON);

     rc =
     http_url_post_xml(

                'https://xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.xxxxxxxx.com/webservices/servic
     es

                /ContractServices
     '

               : %addr(SOAP) +
     2

               :
     %len(SOAP)

               :
     *NULL

               :
     %paddr(Incoming)

               : %addr(Result)

               :
     HTTP_TIMEOUT

               :
     HTTP_USERAGENT

                 :
     'text/xml'

                 :
     'https://xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.xxxxxxxxx.com/webservices/service

                   /ContractServices ');

        The process times out with the following info placed in the
     debug log.

     /tmp/httpapi_debug.txt

     HTTPAPI Ver 1.23 released
     2008-04-24

      OS/400 Ver
     V6R1M0

      New iconv() objects set, PostRem=819. PostLoc=0. ProtRem=819.
     ProtLoc=0

      http_persist_open():
     entered

      http_long_ParseURL():
     entered

      DNS resolver retrans: 2

      DNS resolver retry  :
     2

      DNS resolver options:
     x'00000136'

      DNS default domain: --our internal Web Services--

      DNS server found:  --our IP address--

      DNS server found:  --our IP address--

      SetError() #7: Timeout occurred while trying to connect to
     server!

     Any help would be greatly appreciated.

   Regards,
   Bryan