Re: XALLOC in program LIBHTTP/HTTPAPIR4

Hi Kim,

> Scott, I'm using version 1.23 of HTTPAPI. Is there a beta version that's
> newer?

Yes...  the beta version is definitely newer:
http://www.scottklement.com/httpapi/beta

> Since I'm calling a web service that is subscriber-only, I'm not
> sure how to reproduce the problem. I can't save the response that's
> received from the web service - that's where the error occurs.
> However....it *is* saved in httpapi_debug.txt. Would that help? I could
> remove the identifying information and send it to you, if it would help.

Please try the beta first.  If that doesn't help, then try the debug
file.  (I don't know if the debug file will help, though.)

> As per Dennis' idea, I've been poking around HTTPAPIR4 to see what
> XALLOC was doing, and I've seen the TERASPACE definition. I can sure
> take a look at enabling it&  recompiling HTTPAPI.

This was an experimental feature that I disabled because it didn't work
well.

As I've already said in previous messages, enabling HTTPAPI's teraspace
support will break compatibility with Expat.  It's not a question.  It
will break, believe me.

And I don't know what else it'll break!

Please only enable this *if* you are willing to debug the code yourself
and get it working yourself.  If you enable this code and then post a
message saying "Scott, you have to fix Expat and HTTPAPI because I
enabled teraspace and now it crashes with memory errors that I don't
understand." then I will not be very sympathetic.  It's disabled for a
reason.

> My boss is out of the office for the next 3 weeks, and he's the
> SECOFR, so getting the recompiled HTTPAPI moved into production might
> be a challenge. Perhaps I could do it in a test library on our
> iSeries that is a web server, and see if it helps.

Please try the beta (in your test lib) first.

> I'm going to be out for the rest of the day, but will be right back on
> this first thing in the morning. I'll see about recompiling into test
> with TERASPACE enabled.

Please try the beta first.

If TERASPACE is the only way, then I'll try to help you get it
working... but right now it's purely a GUESS as to something that MIGHT
help, we don't even have a clear indication of what the problem is, much
less what the solution should be.

Fixing TERASPACE support is probably (?) within my abilities, but it's
not trivial.  I'd rather not do it until we know it's the right
direction to take, and other avenues have been exhausted.