Re: New project....but where to start??

Thanks for the docs, that helps a bit...  (Though, there seem to be gaps
in the info in the docs, yes?)

The most enlightening bit I've found is on page 9:

      The APIs can be called using HTTPS protocol. The Put API can be
      called using the HTTP POST method from a form or any
      program/script. The Login, Send, or Find APIs can be called
      using either HTTP POST or GET method. These APIs may return an
      http redirection code i.e. HTTP response code: 302 (Redirection:
      Moved Temporarily), which typically most browsers can handle.
      However, if a custom client is used then it needs to handle the
      redirection appropriately.

So this tells you that most APIs (Login, Send, Find) can be done with
via HTTP with either the GET or POST method.  And that the PUT API can
only be accessed with the POST method (presumably because you have data
to send.)

In HTTPAPI, that means you'd use an

      HTTP_url_get_xxx() routine for Login, Send or Find.
-or-
      HTTP_url_post_xxx() routine for a Put.

It's a little confusing because PUT is the name of an HTTP method as
well. (But it's not implemented everywhere...  so that's probably why
they stuck with GET and POST)

The preceding paragraph also says "from a form".  Which I actually
missed the first few times I read it.... but those 3 words are *key*.
They are referring to an HTML <form> tag.  The <form> tag has two
different ways of encoding/sending data on a POST request, but only one
for a GET request...  so now I know pretty much everything I need to
know for the login, send or find APIs :)

What's not clear to me...  when you do a 'PUT', you are presumably
sending a file to the server... and it doesn't seem to bother explaining
how that is done.  I guess you're just supposed to know?  Is it to be
encoded as multi-part form data?  Or do you encode the parameters on the
URL (like you would with a GET request) and send the raw file data in
the POST?  I suppose you could try both, and see which one works?

This documentation does a great job of explaining the output XML, and
the MD5 stuff...  but is really vague on most of the rest of it.