Re: httpapi - problem with french special characters

Hello Nicolas,

> We encountered problems withe special characters only used in French
> language like (é,è, à..).
>
> We first try to mention 1208 as CCSID, but without any success
> (characters are omitted from the text).

Can you tell me how you are passing these characters to HTTPAPI?

Can you give me details about the CCSID of the job that is running your
program, and the hex values of the characters both before and after
translation?

> We have found a very interesting post, posted by Kaj Julius talking
> about http_xlatedyn, we've just tried it and it works perfectly.
>
> We now have a major interrogation, how (where) are we supposed to use
> it with httpapi ???

Umm... http_xlatedyn() is *part* of HTTPAPI.  How can you *not* use it
with HTTPAPI?

If your question is really "how do I make http_xlatedyn() fit into my
particular program", then I'll need to know precisely how your program
works in order to answer the question.  Please post some or all of the
code in order to show us what you're doing.