Re: Help with a simple call to http_url_post_raw

Hi David,

answers in-line...

On 1/19/2011 11:27 AM, David White wrote:
> Here's the code I'm running. One question I have right away is, I see
> others have posted a log file from HTTPAPI. I haven't had any luck
> finding this log file in my IFS. Does anyone know where I might locate
> that log?

By default, it's in the IFS under /tmp/httpapi_debug.txt

But, you can specify an IFS pathname on the http_debug() call, so you
can send it anywhere you like.  For example:

      http_debug(*on: '/home/scott/debug.txt');

Several improvements/bug fixes to the debug file support have been added
to the current BETA version of HTTPAPI.  It might be worth a try if
you're having problems.

> I would love to see the log, because when I run debug through all of
> the services in HTTPAPI (and the others), it's not fast enough to
> meet the timeout default of 60 seconds.

A timeout wouldn't return 1.  This is clearly not a timeout issue.
(Timeout issues are rather rare in my experience, anyway...  not sure
why you even brought it up.)

Aside from the debug file, the other place to look is in your 'retdata'
variable... what does it say there?

> 1) Do I need to encode the URL like I'm doing below?

The way you're encoding it is rather strange, but I don't see any reason
why it wouldn't work?

But, please understand this:   Every web page is different.  Every web
service is different.  No two sites work the same!   Having experience
with HTTPAPI doesn't tell me how you have to format the data for your
particular site.  To know that, you need to be familiar with the site
(or have documentation, or have a WSDL)