   From: Scott Klement <sk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
   To: HTTPAPI and FTPAPI Projects <ftpapi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
   Sent: Mon, July 12, 2010 1:26:04 PM
   Subject: Re: Socket host that does not terminate response with a CRLF.
   hi Eduard,
   > Following the specifications of the Interface Creator the interface
   > is a TCP/IP socket Interface.
   > So the interface should conform to the Internet Protocol.
   All this says is that you're using TCP/IP communications...
   Argh!  This is like when I ask my wife what she wants for dinner, and
   she says "food."
   Surely your "Interface Creator" mentioned something more specific than
   this?!
   > Based on your remark I realized that the code sample (the timeval
   > structure and the select) is incorrect and had to do with an
   > implementation where we as client has to login but the initiative in
   > sending messages was with the host)(Seems that I like to create
   > confusion).
   I have no idea what you're saying here.  I didn't really look at your
   code, other to see that it's not calling FTPAPI routines.
   > The Interface we now have this problem with is just making use of
   the
   > standard calls as available in FTPAPI.
   You're calling the same routines in OS/400 that FTPAPI is calling.
   That
   doesn't mean that your message is about FTPAPI!!!
   > That is the same as in 7 other interfaces that we have to third
   > parties that also classify as TCP/IP socket Interfaces. All of these
   > have their communication terminated by CRLF.
   The fact that it's using TCP/IP has nothing to do with whether data is
   terminated with a CRLF.
   As this thread has absolutely nothing to do with FTPAPI/HTTPAPI, can
   we
   please move it to another forum?