Re: Socket host that does not terminate response with a CRLF.

hi Eduard,

> Following the specifications of the Interface Creator the interface
> is a TCP/IP socket Interface.
> So the interface should conform to the Internet Protocol.

All this says is that you're using TCP/IP communications...

Argh!  This is like when I ask my wife what she wants for dinner, and
she says "food."

Surely your "Interface Creator" mentioned something more specific than
this?!

> Based on your remark I realized that the code sample (the timeval
> structure and the select) is incorrect and had to do with an
> implementation where we as client has to login but the initiative in
> sending messages was with the host)(Seems that I like to create
> confusion).

I have no idea what you're saying here.  I didn't really look at your
code, other to see that it's not calling FTPAPI routines.

> The Interface we now have this problem with is just making use of the
> standard calls as available in FTPAPI.

You're calling the same routines in OS/400 that FTPAPI is calling.  That
doesn't mean that your message is about FTPAPI!!!

> That is the same as in 7 other interfaces that we have to third
> parties that also classify as TCP/IP socket Interfaces. All of these
> have their communication terminated by CRLF.

The fact that it's using TCP/IP has nothing to do with whether data is
terminated with a CRLF.

As this thread has absolutely nothing to do with FTPAPI/HTTPAPI, can we
please move it to another forum?