RE: Need simple RPGLE WS host example

Thanks Tim,

That is what I needed, I'm well on my way now!

From: ftpapi-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:ftpapi-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Swearingen, Tim
Sent: Wednesday, May 19, 2010 10:04
To: ftpapi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Need simple RPGLE WS host example

Vince,

Please consider this approach...

Get the Redbook Who Knew you could do that with RPGIV http://www.redbooks.ibm.com/redbooks/pdfs/sg245402.pdf
Study the section on CGI programs beginning page 232.

Set up your apache server config something like this...

Script Alias Match is before the directory directives...

ScriptAliasMatch ^/cgi-bin/(.*) /QSYS.LIB/YOURLIBNAMEHERE.LIB/$1.PGM

(The SetEnv directive will allow you load additional libraries in the library list.

<Directory /qsys.lib/YOURLIBNAMEHERE.lib/>
   AddDefaultCharset UTF-8
   HostNameLookups on
   Allow from all
   order allow,deny
   AddHandler cgi-script .PGM
   Options +ExecCGI
   CGIConvMode %%EBCDIC/MIXED%%
   SetEnv QIBM_CGI_LIBRARY_LIST "TESTLIBD;TESTLIBS"
</Directory>

RPG coding
You will want to take the basic concepts in the book and make a few changes.
1.  Use Free Format code where possible.
2.  Use the XML-INTO Op codes to parse your XML data into a data structure.

Tim Swearingen
ITS Systems Development and Support Group
n>Telos
540 946-7211 - Desk
540 942-3719 - Fax

"The final test of a leader is that he leaves behind him in other men the conviction and the will to carry on."
-- Walter Lipman

   1. RE: need simple RPGLE WS host example (Selders, Vince E)
   2. RE: need simple RPGLE WS host example (Shannon ODonnell)
   3. Re: Expat XML complex document read. (Jon Paris)
   4. GSKit password message (Ian Patterson)
   5. RE: GSKit password message (Peter Connell)

Message: 1