Re: Problems with debug_proc() and potential character translation issue

Scott,

Thank you for pointing out that POST data can have any CCSID and also
could be binary data. I completely ignored that fact.

> Possibly??  You haven't explained *why* you're intercepting the debug

Actually I wanted to use debug_proc() in order to replace the original
HTTP API debug log with Log4rpg in order to have a more flexible logging
service. However I did not notice POST data can have any CCSID. Log4rpg
cannot log binary data and hence it is not the right way to go from my
current point of view.

We can close that thread.

Regards,

Thomas

ftpapi-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx schrieb am 14.04.2010 06:18:19:

> klemscot@xxxxxxxxxxxx

> ftpapi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

> 14.04.2010 06:24

> Re: Problems with debug_proc() and potential character translation issue
>
> Gesendet von:
>
> ftpapi-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
>
> Hi Thomas,
>
> > a) Is it correct that the data passed to debug_proc() may have
different
> > CCSIDs depending on the type of data (protocoll versus post data)?
>
> POST data can be anything.  It might not even have line feeds, if you're

> uploading an image or sound file or any other non-text data.  Please
> don't try to treat post data as text.
>

> > b) What do you think about to call debug_write() from
CommTcp_BlockRead()
> > and CommTcp_LineRead() instead of calling it from CommTcp_read()? In
that
> > case the protocol data could be first translated to the CCSID of the
post
> > data before adding it to the debug log. Furthermore CommTcp_LineRead()

> > could pass a complete line to the debug log.
>
> How would I detect/fix problems in CommTcp_read() if you did that?
> (Though, on the other hand, there haven't been any problems reported in
> that lately.)
>

> > c) Am I completely off the track?
> >

> Possibly??  You haven't explained *why* you're intercepting the debug
> data.  It's not really intended to be used in a program, you know.  It's

> purely to help *me* (and hopefully other developers) understand problems

> that occur in HTTPAPI.

IMPORTANT NOTICE:
This email is confidential, may be legally privileged, and is for the
intended recipient only. Access, disclosure, copying, distribution, or
reliance on any of it by anyone else is prohibited and may be a criminal
offence. Please delete if obtained in error and email confirmation to the sender.