Re: Problems with debug_proc() and potential character translation issue

Hi Thomas,

> a) Is it correct that the data passed to debug_proc() may have different
> CCSIDs depending on the type of data (protocoll versus post data)?

POST data can be anything.  It might not even have line feeds, if you're
uploading an image or sound file or any other non-text data.  Please
don't try to treat post data as text.

> b) What do you think about to call debug_write() from CommTcp_BlockRead()
> and CommTcp_LineRead() instead of calling it from CommTcp_read()? In that
> case the protocol data could be first translated to the CCSID of the post
> data before adding it to the debug log. Furthermore CommTcp_LineRead()
> could pass a complete line to the debug log.

How would I detect/fix problems in CommTcp_read() if you did that?
(Though, on the other hand, there haven't been any problems reported in
that lately.)

> c) Am I completely off the track?

Possibly??  You haven't explained *why* you're intercepting the debug
data.  It's not really intended to be used in a program, you know.  It's
purely to help *me* (and hopefully other developers) understand problems
that occur in HTTPAPI.