From: ftpapi-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:ftpapi-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Scott Klement
Sent: Thursday, February 11, 2010 4:00 AM
To: HTTPAPI and FTPAPI Projects
Subject: Re: Posting pdf file

I must not be understanding you.   HTTPAPI will save the response to a
stream file ("IFS file") automatically.  Why do you need to write the header, data and footer to the file yourself?

Unless..    are you SENDING (instead of receiving) the PDF file?  That
would seem a strange thing to do, since web services don't typically receive data in PDF format.  But, perhaps yours is a document archiving web service or something like that.

But then you talk about expat -- and you wouldn't need to run Expat on something you're SENDING... only something you're receiving, right?

So I'm not understanding your scenario.

But, if you are receiving the data (Rather than sending) I would recommend turning on the "return pointer" feature of HTTPAPI's XML parser so you can receive data that's longer than 64k.  That way you can simply receive the base64 encoded PDF as one big chunk in your XML handler, and can write it to an IFS file painlessly.

Then you'll need to base64 decode it...   IF you don't know how, please ask.