Re: Forwarding IP

On 2/8/2010 10:08 AM, Mike Krebs wrote:

> It's been a while since I since I did the sockets tutorial (HTTPAPI
> isn't really the right way to do what you are looking for), but I
> don't think Scott covered an example close to that.

Actually the following example is pretty close:
http://www.scottklement.com/rpg/socktut/proxy.html

It's not exactly what you want, but it's pretty close...   You'd have to
change it so that one of the two connections was a client instead of a
server.  But that's not really hard to do.

If you have to handle multiple simultaneous connections, then it gets
more complicated.  -- but, there are still many approaches you can use
to solve the problem.

I'm not totally sure that this is what Harry was asking for, though.
He's talking about redirecting packets, not creating a proxy.  That's
the fairly big difference!  Redirecting packets involves very low-level
coding.  It's usually done in hardware, or at least in the OS code.  You
don't typically write that yourself.  The OS doesn't normally give you
access to modify the raw packets.