Re: Forwarding IP

   I think I will have to write it, since I need for a server that is not
   on http, nor https.  I guess I just have to pat my head and rub my
   stomach.  Now, I was wondering is I need to write a server program,
   and a client program or combine them into one.
   Harry
   Mike Krebs wrote:

Harry,

It's been a while since I since I did the sockets tutorial (HTTPAPI isn't reall
y the right way to do what you are looking for), but I don't think Scott covere
d an example close to that. It could get complicated quickly with tracking sour
ce and destination packets and scaling the project appropriately. There are som
e open source proxy servers. If you are trying to proxy http or https, try the
apache server. Here is an thread that someone worked on to proxy to an exchange
 server:

[1]http://archive.midrange.com/web400/200909/msg00036.html

If you decide to write your own, please contribute it back. It would be interes
ting to see how it works.

Mike Krebs