Re: Data Transmission with HTTPAPI

Huskey, Brad wrote:
>    What was Touchstones reaction to using HTTPAPI to serve their needs?
>    Were there any concerns about software integrity or not having a
>    vendor to support it?

Just because it's open source doesn't mean it's not supported. It just
means that it's easily examined. And that nobody's charging us an arm
and a leg for the privilege of including it in our products.

And before I found out about HTTPAPI, I already knew Scott Klement as an
AS/400 guru of the highest caliber, one who had already saved my butt on
several occasions.

And the fact that it was open source allowed me, with a little guidance
from Mr. Klement, to backdate it so that the version of the service
program we use will compile under a V4R2 compiler, and work as far back
as V4R4, or as far forward as V6.

--
JHHL