   From: Scott Klement <sk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
   To: HTTPAPI and FTPAPI Projects <ftpapi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
   Subject: Re: 501 Unknown extension in database file name
   Date: Wed, 06 Jan 2010 15:32:18 -0600
   Hello Ken,
   The error message means that TMP is not a valid object type (in a
   traditional library) but it appears that you are trying to use an IFS
   directory instead of a library.  TMP should work just fine in an IFS
   directory -- but it looks like maybe you've missed the step that
   switches from the (default) library to the IFS directory.
   It appears that you aren't using the "fromdir" variable in your
   program
   anywhere.  You currently have this:
       wwRemote = %subst(peName:1:peNameLen);
   Perhaps you should change it to this?
      wwRemote = fromdir + '/' + %subst(peName:1:peNameLen);
   Or, alternately, run the FTP_chdir() routine to change the remote
   directory?

   *---------------------------------------------------------------

   *---------------------------------------------------------------
   >         P copyfile        B
   >         D  copyfile       PI            10I 0
   >         D   peFd                        10I 0 value
   >         D   peName                    8192A   options(*varsize)
   >         D   peNameLen                   10I 0 value
   >
   >         D wwRemote        s            256A
   >         D wwArchive       s            256A
   >         D wwLocal         s            256A
   >
   >          /free
   >
   >              wwRemote = %subst(peName:1:peNameLen);
   >              wwLocal = todir + '/' + %subst(peName:1:peNameLen);
   >
   >              ftp_get(peFD:wwRemote:wwLocal);
   >
   >              return *ZERO;
   >
   >          /end-free
   >
   >         P copyfile        E
   >

   >    Thanks,
   >
   >    Ken Sherbert
   >    [1]Nutrition
   >    Improve your career health. Click now to study nutrition!
   >
   > References
   >
   >    1.
   http://thirdpartyoffers.netzero.net/TGL2242/c?cp=dnLU2pp40BWc0yqBei-PZ
   gAAJ1GQwA_2GHBdcpgjr8pbJkmVAAYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAADNAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
   SQwAAAAA=

   -