From: ftpapi-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx on behalf of Vicki Seaberg
Sent: Fri 12/11/2009 11:37 AM
To: ftpapi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Post with a parameter

Hello All,

I have blindly but successfully implemented several applications using
Scott's HTTPAPI programs.  They work beautifully.  Now I am trying to
communicate with a new vendor who is asking me to include "a parameter
RQXML=<your xml document> with the regular POST method to their HTTPS
URL".  I am lost in understanding what is meant by defining a variable
named "RQXML" to define the xml string.  My vendor says they will not be
able to capture the XML string without the RQXML variable.  I have no
idea how to do this.  I have already tried a variety of things with no
success.  A code snippet of my latest attempt is as follows:

......previous code that loads the "postdata" field....

postdata += '</Items>' + '</ShipRequest>';

RQXML = 'RQXML=' + %trim(postdata);

rc = http_url_post_xml ('https://mercury.shiplandmark.com/api/api.php'

                                             : %addr(RQXML) + 2

                                             : %len(RQXML)

                                             : %paddr(StartOfElement)

                                             : %paddr(EndOfElement)

                                             : *NULL );

This isn't what my vendor needs and isn't able to offer any guidance.  I
would really, really appreciate any insight with this.  Thank you so
much!!

Vicki Seaberg

Swanson Health Products

<<winmail.dat>>