Re: Post with a parameter

   Off the top of my head. may be asking you to enclose the entire XML in
   an element
   <RQXML>
        Whatever
   </RQXML>

   On Fri, Dec 11, 2009 at 10:37 AM, Vicki Seaberg
   <[1]vicki.seaberg@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

       Hello All,
       I have blindly but successfully implemented several applications
     using
       Scott's HTTPAPI programs.  They work beautifully.  Now I am
     trying to
       communicate with a new vendor who is asking me to include "a
     parameter
       RQXML=<your xml document> with the regular POST method to their
     HTTPS
       URL".  I am lost in understanding what is meant by defining a
     variable
       named "RQXML" to define the xml string.  My vendor says they will
     not
       be able to capture the XML string without the RQXML variable.  I
     have
       no idea how to do this.  I have already tried a variety of things
     with
       no success.  A code snippet of my latest attempt is as follows:
       ......previous code that loads the "postdata" field....
       postdata += '</Items>' + '</ShipRequest>';
       RQXML = 'RQXML=' + %trim(postdata);
       rc = http_url_post_xml
     (`[2]https://mercury.shiplandmark.com/api/api.php'
                                                    : %addr(RQXML) + 2
                                                    : %len(RQXML)
                                                    :
     %paddr(StartOfElement)
                                                    :
     %paddr(EndOfElement)
                                                    : *NULL );
       This isn't what my vendor needs and isn't able to offer any
     guidance.
       I would really, really appreciate any insight with this.  Thank
     you so
       much!!
       Vicki Seaberg
       Swanson Health Products