RE: HTTPAPI 1.24 BETA 6

Hello Scott,

We have the problem, that the debug log under certain circumstances (I don't know which) stays open. If I call a webservice repeatedly in the same job, all request are written to the same logfile.
In your posting you mentioned this problem, so I hoped it was solved in 1.24beta. I downloaded and installed it.

Allthough this is not a big problem for us, I just wanted to let you know, that the issue still exists (atleast in our case).
I use the following code, sothat each call should have its own debug log.

       WS_Name = 'Z_W05_SD_KONTO_EMPF';    // Name Webservice

       in WS_Debug;                        // Data Area WS_Debug lesen
       if WS_Debug;                        // Soll Log geschrieben werden?
          in *lock lastUniqueNr;           // Data Area UniqueNr lesen,
          lastUniqueNr = lastUniqueNr + 1; // um 1 erhöhen,
          out lastUniqueNr;                // und wieder speichern.
          http_debug( *on
                    : '/tmp/WS-Logs/' + %trimr(WS_Name) + '_'
                                      + %char(lastUniqueNr) + '.log' );
        else;
          http_debug(*off);                // Kein Log schreiben
       endif;

I stepped thru this code in debug to make sure that the path is set correctly (it is). But it still writes to the first file name. The first part of a much bigger log is attached. Just in case you see something special in it (I don't).

Thanks for a really great tool and all the time you spend on it!

Richard la Croix